Okay, we'll try this again! I've tried to write this blog entry twice and both times I've f**ked up and lost everything I wrote. So, this time I'm going to write w/out using fancy bullet points and just get on with.
Let's see what's been going on with me and my attempt at a career in writing:
* First of all, I've recently gotten on Google+ so, if you're on there and think I'm awesome (as you should), add me. You can find me by clicking HERE
* As most of you probably know (and if you don't know now you know) Humanity's Ultimate Battle (H.U.B.) Volume 3: The Tipping Point is completed and ready to be released on 9.10.11. You can find all things HUB related by visiting www.whatishub.net
Be sure to pick up Volumes 1 and 2 today so that you'll be caught up when the Tipping Point arrives. I'm really excited about this volume of the series as I feel my writing has definitely gotten better since volume 2. I'm starting to hit my vampire stride!
* Head Above Water, my romance novel that pre-dates the H.U.B. series by about a decade, is FINALLY ready to be released upon the world and I'm looking at a late 4th quarter 2011 release date. This is a sharp turn from my work on H.U.B. so I'm interested to see the reviews on it. I'm currently awaiting feedback from a select few who I have sent it to. This book is really my baby and it's time for it to spread its wings and take flight.
* The Clan of the Flying Pens project (http://www.theclanoftheflyingpens.weebly.com
) is almost here. 6 different writers, all of different writing styles/genres, coming together to showcase their work is going to be a BEAUTIFUL thing. I've read some of the Clan members work and it's really, really good. Not sure exactly what I'm going to be contributing (probably some poetry, segments of Head Above Water, portions of H.U.B. 3, etc...) but it's going to be FIRE, that I can assure you! SHOUT OUT to the Clan!
* While it's on my mind, big SHOUT OUT and THANK YOU to all my buds on Twitter, especially my writer/artists out there. I've met some real bad ass folks on there and for some of them to actually tell me that I inspire them is an AWESOME feeling. I enjoy people actually wanting ME to read THEIR work and give my feedback on it. Who would've thought?!?!
* I'm knee deep in work on The Girl In The Red Balloon, the novel I've decided to write while taking a break between volumes 3 and 4 of H.U.B. I'm not sure how the story is going to end yet but I'll figure that out in a few months. Be sure to check back for more info on this story later.
* Beginning to think of festivals/conventions that I can hit up next year to continue to get my writing brand out. Just this morning I got an email in regards to a festival next March that I'm interested in attending. Once things are confirmed I will be sure to post information on them. Speaking of confirmed, I will be having a book signing on 9.10.11 at the Camelot bookstore in Little Elm, TX from 12-6. Also, I will be having a book signing at the Little Elm Library on October 24th from 11-2. If you would like more info on either of these hit me up at ben(at)whatishub.net
* I have made a few booksales over the last few weeks (thanks to all of you for your purchase - each book sold helps to make my dream a reality) and the traffic to my sites has been awesome so thanks to everyone who has visited.
* Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/maddwriter
That's all I can remember right now but, if there's something I forgot, I will make another post. More later.....